Whilst LRN will be open to the type of educational institution in which candidates operate, it will be mindful of the scope of the teaching role, access to teaching/learning opportunities and ability to meet the cognitive demand of learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
Candidates must be:
1) Operating within a suitable teaching setting
2) Must be qualified to graduate level, ideally education-related discipline, although LRN will consider education experience in its stead as well.
A student who is looking to continue developing for early-career academic and professional staff at Higher Education Institution
An experienced member of the staff who wishes to update their practice and align themselves with contemporary thinking.
with PD certification in education course, you will:
Engage with successful digital and online learning and develop your skills in this area through direct hands-on experience.
Enhance your skills and understanding in teaching, learning and assessment as a teacher.
Enable yourself to understand and resolve the challenges in teaching and assessment in the modern era of learning and development.
For the duration of the qualification, candidates are expected to have access to a teaching environment, from which evidence can be gleaned. This will include a teaching log that documents their preparation, planning, delivery and evaluation of teaching exercises. Expected teaching hours will be in the region of 40 to 60. This will be considered on a case-by-case basis. However, candidates who are unable to meet the minimum threshold (40 hours of teaching practice) are unlikely to be deemed suitable for this qualification.
The purpose is to enable learners to demonstrate an understanding within inclusive and varied teaching and learning environments. Learners will apply their knowledge and understanding in effectively evaluating and reflecting on future practice.
1) Understand the historical, philosophical and cultural context of education
2) Understand key concepts, values and beliefs related to education and educational practice
3) Understand key theories of education and learning and how these are realised in practical pedagogy
The purpose is to enable learners to demonstrate an understanding of learning theories and practical teaching pedagogy. Learners will develop a range of resources, based on learner needs, to support teaching and development across educational settings.
1) Understand how educational theory aligns with teaching delivery
2) Understand the relationship between teaching, learning and assessment
3) Be able to demonstrate a practical application of effective teaching delivery.
The purpose is to enable learners to demonstrate an understanding of the core issues, strategies and techniques in teaching in higher and professional education. Learners will explore the purpose, meaning and inter-relationships between teaching pedagogy and andragogy, relevant to their educational setting. Finally, learners will know how to vary their teaching styles in order to enable learning, advancement and understanding.
1) Understand the purpose of teaching pedagogy and teaching andragogy.
2) Understand current educational theories of teaching and learning
3) Be able to demonstrate a practical application of contemporary teaching in higher and professional education.
The LRN Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Education will be graded as fail or pass.
A suitable pathway to Higher Education Academy (UK) recognition at either Associate or Fellow level that will be subject to accreditation.
A pathway to Higher Education Academy (UK) recognition at either Associate or Fellow level (subject to accreditation) with a recognised qualification and professional status with the national body.
A route to practice in higher or professional education environments with a valid and recognised qualification in the field.